söndag 7 december 2008

The women of my family

I found this picture of my maternal grandmother Lisa Maria. She would turn 95 years old just a few days ago if she were still alive. Lisa was an incredible woman who moved from the small town she grew up in and moved to Stockholm to work as a maid. She was very neat, hard-working and used to sing when she was baking.

She then met a tall and handsome man who was to become my grandfather, got married and raised two little girls:

My mother on the right (with the pretty bow) and my aunt on the left.

I love these photos.

2 kommentarer:

Miriam Parkman sa...

Very beautiful photos indeed!
It reminds me of my grandmother who died last year in the age of (almost) 99. She also moved to the city (helsingfors) to work and get educated! I really admire her and I'm thinking of making a memorial-tattoo for her.

Betty Lou sa...

fiiina!

min mormor skulle fyllt 99 igår, hon dog för 10 år sen har jag för mig.