torsdag 5 februari 2009

R.I.P Lux Interior

Lux and Ivy


I'm so sad to hear the news about the death of Lux Interior, singer of The Cramps with a voice which only can be described as "the psychosexual werewolf/ Elvis hybrid from hell".

I was fortuned to see The Cramps live in Stockholm two years ago and that was the best show I have ever seen. Lux wore stiletto heels and skintight leather pants (that he eventually cut open with a broken wine bottle) and was better than ever. Ivy sneered at the horny boys in the audience and concreted her position as the coolest woman in rock history.
There will never be another band like the Cramps. They are so unique and they have had a enormous impact on everything from fashion, cult cinema and the rock scene.
When I first discovered them it opened up a whole new world to me; a world full of rockabilly, rock n'roll, cult movies and kitsch. A world I still love and cherish.
Now I feel like I have lost a close friend and it hurts to think about.

My thoughts goes out to Ivy and I hope she will manage to get through this.

Sleep well, Lux, and thank you so much for everything.








6 kommentarer:

Sandy De Luxe sa...

Det är så sorgligt!!

Little Rascal sa...

:(

Ruby sa...

So sad!

Aurélie Muller sa...

oh ! i'm totally crazy about the cramps! i love them! but so sad..

Astrid sa...

Han gjorde även rösten som Dracula (i monstergestalt) i Coppolas "Dracula" för en sådär 15 år sedan. Har läst någonstans att han tyckte att ett ännu roligare jobb som han gjorde var att vara med i ett Svampbob Fyrkant-avsnitt - gissa om jag skulle vilja se det avsnittet...

Rest In Peace!

Miss Wink sa...

Astrid: Faktum är att Lux gjorde Dracula skrik i Coppolas filmatisering men att han även skrev en låt till Spongebob!